Friday, December 31, 2021

Top 50 Pop Songs of 2021

A few times during this year I envision writing this post and relaying something meaningful and reflective that encapsulates my thoughts on 2021. I should learn to stop hyping things up mentally for me if I don't end up doing them. But here are a few minor thoughts.

2021 gave us the return of ABBA but not Keri Hilson (I would prob take ABBA obviously but it's Sophie's Choice for me). We got a 4th Matrix but somehow National Treasure 3 is being turned into a tv show without Nic Cage. We didn't see Samantha Jones but we saw... (spoiler alert) Tobey Maguire's Spider Man, cool.  And we had 2 Disney movies but one of them involved LMM 🤢. None of those are related to each other but this year I learned to especially let myself be open to surprises.

But I will say this is my 7th year in a row of doing this and I find that pretty cool. I can't write every day but I can list 50 songs a year. So I'm not sure how I ever survived high school in the Silicon Valley.


queen

SPOTIFY PLAYLIST:




HONORABLE MENTIONS:
We're Good - Dua Lipa
Best Friend (feat. Doja Cat) - Saweetie
drivers license - Olivia Rodrigo
Stupid Boy (feat. Big Freedia) - Slayyyter
Starlight - Yola
Can I Get It - Adele
Obsessed - Addison Rae (LOL don't judge me... bop)
Meaningless - Charlotte Cardin
Dream of You - Chung Ha & R3HAB
Galipette - Lolo Zouaï
Run - OneRepublic
Lucy - Salt Ashes
Last Dance - Stefania

SONGS FROM LAST YEAR I WANTED TO INCLUDE BUT TOO LATE:
The Hardest Part - Olivia Dean
Girlfriends - Boys World
Wired - Sonny Fodera & Ella Eyre
Levitating (Remix) - Dua Lipa & [REDACTED]
Foreplay (feat. Pnksand) - David Blank & ilromantico

THE LIST:

#50: BETTER DAYS - NEIKED, MAE MULLER, POLO G

#49: OSTON - I THINK YOU SHOULD LEAVE

#48: UP - CARDI B
when I say pop I mean it loosely

#47: DIVING - EVANGELIA & KELVIN JONES

#46: DUMB DUMB - JEON SOMI

#45: DRAMATIC - CAT & CALMELL

#44: BONNIE & CLYDE - YUQI

#43: BED - JOEL CORRY, RAYE & DAVID GUETTA
but kind of iconic/bad lyrics

#42: KILL MY HEART (FEAT. PARSON JAMES & QVEEN HERBY) - VINCINT

#41: NO - LITTLE MIX
adding to my yearly tradition of giving Little Mix something near 40-42nd place because they decided to show up (and sadly this will likely be their last year of doing so)

#40: THE FEELS - TWICE

#39: LEAVE THE DOOR OPEN - BRUNO MARS, ANDERSON .PAAK, SILK SONIC

#38: CACHITO - DANNA PAOLA, MAU Y RICKY

#37: BRUTAL - OLIVIA RODRIGO

#36: WHAT WOULD YOU DO? (FEAT. PINK SWEAT$) - HONNE

#35: SYMPTOM OF YOUR TOUCH - ALY & AJ
olivia wasn't the only disney channel star who decided to do something this year :)

#34: THAT'S WHAT I WANT - LIL NAS X

#33: HAVE MERCY - CHLOE

#32: RELAPSE - FAANGS

#31: STRANGERS AGAIN - VICTORIA NADINE

#30: ONE NIGHT - GRIFF

#29: ALL MY GIRLS LIKE TO FIGHT - HOPE TALA

#28: PATIENCE - JORDAN SUASTE

#27: DOPAMINE - PURPLE DISCO MACHINE

#26: LOLA - MORGAN ST. JEAN

#25: BUTTER (REMIX) - BTS & MEGAN THEE STALLION
imagine not preferring the remix...

#24: IN CASE YOU MISS ME - JOHN K

#23: HERE COMES THE NIGHT - AGNES

#22: ALL YOUR EXES - JULIA MICHAELS

#21: RUMORS - LIZZO & CARDI B

#20: OH MY GOD - ADELE

#19: COLD HEART (PNAU REMIX) - ELTON JOHN & DUA LIPA

#18: LALA - BATHSHEBA

#17: LOOK WHAT YOU'VE DONE - ZARA LARSSON

#16: DO IT AGAIN - SOFIA KARLBERG

#15: SUGAR - NATALIA GORDIENKO

#14: MAMA DON'T KNOW - RUBEN

#13: A SECOND TO MIDNIGHT - KYLIE MINOGUE & YEARS & YEARS

#12: GOOD 4 U - OLIVIA RODRIGO

#11: DON'T SHUT ME DOWN - ABBA
I had to put them here somehow! Couldn't resist

#10: WOMAN OF THE HOUR - STELA COLE
listened to this right as I touched down on a plane to Fiji as the chorus hit... euphoric

#9: I DRINK WINE - ADELE

#8: OVERDRIVE - CONAN GRAY

#7: CRAVE - YEARS & YEARS

#6: MONTERO (CALL ME BY YOUR NAME) - LIL NAS X

#5: LAST LOVE - SINEAD HARNETT

#4: GOOD ONES - CHARLI XCX

#3: HAPPIER THAN EVER - BILLIE EILISH

#2: DEJA VU - OLIVIA RODRIGO
sorry to Will Arbuckle... shortly before you told me this was your #1 of the year I finalized this placement

#1: KISS ME MORE (FEAT. SZA)  - DOJA CAT


PAST #1s:
2005 - 1, 2 Step (feat. Missy Elliott) - Ciara
2006 - Promiscuous (feat. Timbaland) - Nelly Furtado
2007 - Fergalicious (feat. Will.i.am) - Fergie
2008 - 4 Minutes (feat. Justin Timberlake & Timbaland) - Madonna
2009 - Knock You Down (feat. Kanye West & Ne-Yo) - Keri Hilson
2010 - Telephone - Lady Gaga & Beyoncé
2011 - Pretty Girl Rock - Keri Hilson
2012 - Everybody Talks - Neon Trees
2013 - Do What U Want (feat. R Kelly) - Lady Gaga
2014 - Problem (feat. Iggy Azalea) - Ariana Grande
2015 - California Winter - Bonnie McKee
2016 - NO - Meghan Trainor
2017 - Woman (feat. The Dap-Kings Horns) - Kesha
2018 - The Middle - Zedd, Maren Morris & Grey
2019 - Want You In My Room - Carly Rae Jepsen
2020 - WAP (feat. Megan Thee Stallion) - Cardi B
2021 - Kiss Me More (feat. SZA) - Doja Cat


No comments :

Post a Comment