Sunday, December 31, 2017

Top 50 Pop Songs of 2017


It's that time of year again - for me to write on this blog

I don't know what to say about 2017. It all passed by pretty quickly. I think the music was generally better, but like last year I didn't feel like there were truly epic, showstopping, "best song of all time" songs. Compare that to years like 2007, which gave us Beautiful Girls (by our King, Sean Kingston), Sweet Escape, Before He Cheats, Umbrella, etc. But I think comparing every year of music to 2007 is just generally a bad idea, so I'll just leave you with this.

Hope you like the list this year, I think it's my best one yet, and I think I won't get blocked on social media with my #1 this time? Enjoy :)

Also, I say this every year, but some of these songs are from late 2016. They either peaked in 2017 or came out too late for me to think of it as a 2016 song, so no complaints pls

Spotify Playlist (also embedded at bottom): https://open.spotify.com/user/12158695391/playlist/1wvJHwt7D4pAeodv24wDlo

TOP 50 (favorite) "POP" SONGS OF 2017

as usual I'm posting this here so it appears as the social media thumbnail ;-)

#50. HOMEMADE DYNAMITE - LORDE


#49. TOO MUCH - KEHLANI


#48. LUST FOR LIFE (FEAT. THE WEEKND) - LANA DEL REY
I would LOVE if this song played as I went off to war or something

#47. MI GENTE (FEAT. BEYONCÉ) - J BALVIN & WILLY WILLIAM


#46. DISCO TITS - TOVE LO


#45. I FEEL IT COMING (FEAT. DAFT PUNK) - THE WEEKND


#44. I'M THE ONE (FEAT. JUSTIN BIEBER, QUAVO, CHANCE THE RAPPER & LIL WAYNE) - DJ KHALED
I normally don't like large groups of men but here ya go

#43. GALWAY GIRL - ED SHEERAN
starring Christine "Lady Bird" McPherson

#42. ISSUES - JULIA MICHAELS


#41. MAKE LOVE - GUCCI MANE & NICKI MINAJ


#40. BODAK YELLOW - CARDI B


#39. PRAYING - KESHA


#38. ...READY FOR IT? - TAYLOR SWIFT
sorry

#37. SIGN OF THE TIMES - HARRY STYLES


#36. SAVE AS DRAFT - KATY PERRY
she outranks lady gaga this year :\ tragic

#35. SAY MY NAME - TOVE STYRKE


#34. HUMBLE. - KENDRICK LAMAR


#33. BOYS - CHARLI XCX


#32. SLOW HANDS - NIALL HORAN


#31. SUPERCUT - LORDE


#30. DESPACITO [REMIX] (FEAT. JUSTIN BIEBER) - LUIS FONSI & DADDY YANKEE


#29. TAKE ME - ALY & AJ
our queens took a 1 decade hiatus and are BACK

#28. LOVE - LANA DEL REY


#27. FAITH (FEAT. ARIANA GRANDE) - STEVIE WONDER
ha ha

#26. BOM BIDI BOM (FEAT. NICKI MINAJ) - NICK JONAS


#25. 9 (AFTER COACHELLA) [FEAT. MØ & SOPHIE] - CASHMERE CAT
this song is NOT what I expected it to be

#24. CUT TO THE FEELING - CARLY RAE JEPSEN


#23. AFTER THE AFTERPARTY (FEAT. LIL YACHTY) - CHARLI XCX


#22. BELIEVER - IMAGINE DRAGONS


#21. YOU GOTTA NOT - LITTLE MIX
while Meghan Trainor does not rank this year, she did co-write this song, so life's all about the small victories right

#20. BAD TOGETHER - DUA LIPA


#19. HAVANA (FEAT. YOUNG THUG) - CAMILA CABELLO
me in 2016: wow this weak voiced girl thought she was gonna be the next Beyonce and dipped?
me in 2017: gag me mom

#18. FETISH (FEAT. GUCCI MANE) - SELENA GOMEZ


#17. CRY BABY - DEMI LOVATO


#16. REGGAETÓN LENTO (REMIX) - LITTLE MIX & CNCO


#15. MAMA SAY - BETTY WHO


#14. ATTENTION - CHARLIE PUTH


#13. IT AIN'T ME - KYGO & SELENA GOMEZ


#12. DISTRACTION - KEHLANI


#11. THEY DON'T KNOW - ARIANA GRANDE
take a shot every time a song from an animated 2016 movie shows up

#10. HUNT YOU DOWN - KESHA
this is me every time Reese Witherspoon snapchats from the grove

#9. HOW FAR I'LL GO - ALESSIA CARA


#8. SLIDE (FEAT. FRANK OCEAN & MIGOS) - CALVIN HARRIS
ugh! more men! I know!

#7. NEW RULES - DUA LIPA


#6. DUSK TILL DAWN (FEAT. SIA) - ZAYN


#5. YOUR SONG - RITA ORA


#4. IDGAF - DUA LIPA



#3. SORRY NOT SORRY - DEMI LOVATO


#2. OOPS (FEAT. CHARLIE PUTH) - LITTLE MIX


#1. WOMAN (FEAT. THE DAP-KINGS HORNS) - KESHA


PAST #1s
2005 - 1, 2 Step (feat. Missy Elliott) - Ciara
2006 - Promiscuous (feat. Timbaland) - Nelly Furtado
2007 - Fergalicious (feat. Will.i.am) - Fergie
2008 - 4 Minutes (feat. Justin Timberlake & Timbaland) - Madonna
2009 - Knock You Down (feat. Kanye West & Ne-Yo) - Keri Hilson
2010 - Telephone - Lady Gaga & Beyoncé
2011 - Pretty Girl Rock - Keri Hilson
2012 - Everybody Talks - Neon Trees
2013 - Do What U Want (feat. R Kelly) - Lady Gaga
2014 - Problem (feat. Iggy Azalea) - Ariana Grande
2015 - California Winter - Bonnie McKee
2016 - NO - Meghan Trainor

2017 - Woman (feat. The Dap-Kings Horns) - Kesha

SPOTIFY PLAYLIST: (the top 50 and then 50 honorable mentions)

No comments :

Post a Comment